VolunteerVolunteers Make the Kennett Symphony Possible
From helping choose the musical program, to marketing upcoming concerts, to updating the web site, to running the box office, to ushering, to serving refreshments to musicians, to organizing fundraising events, to staging competitions for young artists, to staging outreach performances, dozens of volunteers drive every aspect of Symphony operations.Volunteers help the Symphony fulfill each aspect of its mission:
- To present a wide range of symphonic music at an affordable price to entertain and enrich the lives of our audience.
- To educate young and underserved audiences.
- To provide opportunities for young artists and capable musicians to perform.
To learn more about how to get involved, keep reading!
How You Can Support the Kennett SymphonyOur Concerts
- Work at a pre-event reception.
- Greet patrons as they arrive.
- Work at the ticket desk (Box Office) in the lobby.
- Be an usher (and watch the concert for free).
- Bring refreshments for musicians during rehearsal and performance breaks.
- Manage an Outreach performance.
Classics (October), Fashion Show (November)
- Join the planning committee for your favorite fundraising event.
- Help publicize the event.
Instrumental (November), Junior Instrumental (February), Vocal (April)
- Become a committee member and help plan the event.
- Greet young artists and escort them through their performing experience.
Our Administrative Office
- Prepare mailings, stuff envelopes, and imprint postage.
- Answer the phone and sell tickets during pre-concert weeks.
- Update our database; locate addresses and e-mail addresses for our patrons.
- Connect the Symphony to your group. Invite our Music Director, Executive Director or Board President as a speaker for your event.
- Lead our relationship with a senior/55+ community. Share news of upcoming concerts and events. Facilitate group ticket buying. Organize transportation.
- Write an article for the Symphony newsletter, Quarter Notes.
- Share your pictures from a Symphony concert or event.
- Distribute Symphony marketing materials (postcards/flyers/brochures) around your neighborhood.
- Explore new venues for Outreach performances
Our Social Media
- Write about the Symphony on your blog.
- Friend the Symphony on Facebook. Tweet about your experience.
- Write a grant application for a foundation you know.
- Host a friendraiser/fundraiser in your home, restaurant or place of business.
Our Board and Committees
- Serve on the Board or one of its standing committees, including Audit, Music Programming and Friends of the Symphony.
- Work on a project committee – a "limited engagement" for a particular topic that does not require Board membership. Recent examples include:
- Moving the Children’s Chorus into residence at West Chester University.
- Establishing an endowment fund at the Chester County Community Foundation.
- Initiating concerts at Lincoln University.
- Researching senior communities to connect with activity committees.